Thank you for expressing interest in internships with Congresswoman Rosen’s office. Congresswoman Rosen is excited to help students learn how representation and government work by having them participate in the work of her office on behalf of the people of Nevada’s 3rd Congressional District.
The Congresswoman offers the following programs:
Internships are offered in both the Washington, D.C. and the Las Vegas District Offices to students currently enrolled in or have completed coursework at a college or university. All internships are unpaid. We can provide academic credits for internships. Students who are from the 3rd Congressional District are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interns assist congressional staff with administrative duties (e.g. phones, copying, drafting correspondence, etc.) as well as substantive work (e.g. legislative research and analysis, drafting responses to constituent inquiries, and assisting staff in a variety of projects and activities).
Our office is flexible in working with students to accommodate their academic schedules. Interns can work full time (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.) or part time, but applicants should plan for a minimum of 10 to 15 hours of availability throughout the work week.
- Fall Semester begins 9/1/2017, ends 12/15/2017
- Spring Session for DC begins 1/8/2018, ends 5/12/2018; Spring Session for District office begins 3/13/18, ends 6/2/2018
- Summer Semester for DC begins 5/30/2018, ends 9/1/2018; Summer Semester for District office begins 6/5/2018, ends 9/1/2018
Deadlines for Washington DC office and the Las Vegas District Office internship sessions are as follows:
- Fall Internships: Rolling basis
- Spring Internships: Rolling basis
- Summer Internships: April 14th for DC office; May 15th for District office
Keep in mind that summer is a popular time for internships, and there is a limit to the number of interns we can accept due to physical space constraints in each office.
Should you have any questions about the Internship Program or the application process, you can contact the Intern Coordinators in the Las Vegas District Office at 702-963-9500 or in the Washington, D.C. office at 202-225-3252 respectively.